Our international oil and gas sector client has requirements for experienced Directional Drillers with DDX experience to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Manage personal development and remain informed on current D&M technology and strategy.
- Meet and maintain all minimum Oilfield Services Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Leads any directional drilling job.
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilisation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all directional drilling techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced well planning techniques using Drilling Office.
- Documents all incident/accident events on the job, and at the office in Quest.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports/clients final product delivery.
- Acts as the D&M – client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the clients well site representative, rig crew and D&M field support staff.
- Actively participates in knowledge sharing.
- Ensures all D&M reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis.
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Follows and complies with all HSE and IT standards, wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
- Is a relentless and versatile learner.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.